There's really a lot that I've been doing lately.
I might want to talk to someone about this teacher, though. (You don't know what I'm talking about.)
SO, THERE'S THIS TEACHER I HAVE
ART 207
She's OK
She gives me a hard time — she does this for everyone in the class. But she really treats the ones who are ahead with more respect than she does with everyone else. (Which makes sense.)
What she and other art teachers at OSU fail to realize is that the students also have other homework, other projects, maybe jobs, ... lives. Well, actually, this quarter consumes my life, so I can't even make that argument.
She sees my time management (which may be abnormal, but it works for me nonetheless) as a failure of work ethic.
She takes offense to me not caring about the class (well, I didn't tell her that I don't care, but:
- Why does my attitude toward the class concern her personally?
- It is just another required class to graduate, after all; not something I am interested in.)
...I actually spent a few hours straight to prepare for a high-quality presentation before class on Monday morning (the 13th).
- I skipped another class to do this
- I WORK ALL WEEKEND AT MY JOB AT WHICH I MAKE MONEY TO PAY FOR COLLEGE
(Yeah: I pay to be treated poorly.)
In my experience (about 1½ years) in the OSU art program, the art teachers have weirder expectations than do regular ol' general education teachers.
(E.g.: Attendance policy — AND TO ACTUALLY PRIORITIZE THIS CLASS ABOVE OTHERS??)
</rage post>
(E.g.: Attendance policy — AND TO ACTUALLY PRIORITIZE THIS CLASS ABOVE OTHERS??)
</rage post>
No comments:
Post a Comment