This afternoon, I woke up before I could finish it.
I wonder how it ends:
— Interactive computer animation (holograms?) (Performance art?)
- Site-specific. This animation/performance takes place in a basement / lower-level. Viewer always starts in same room.
— Three rooms. (Actually four, but I didn't easily get to see the one diagonal from me.)
— Techno/trance with a steady beat (112 or 120 BMP?).
— The animations were:
- Balls (rubber? Or those plastic balls at kid play zones?) bouncing to the beat
- Kids (half my height, so ~ 2'9"? ) jumping up and down to the beat
- Dogs running around "to the beat" (fast / in circles, ess-patterns... just "running around")
- Some people (actors or holograms?) in the next room... slowly walking...
— Basically,
- You (the viewer/visitor) begin in the room with dogs tamely running around... They gradually spread (still running, in loops, at the same pace) to the adjacent two rooms
- Ahead of you is the dining room, where the balls bounce on the table + the kids jump up and down, all to the beat of this music.
- The kids gradually spread to other rooms, mostly yours. Still jumping @ same pace.
- The balls gradually spread past the table + into other rooms, steadily at the same pace.
- The folks in the next room slowly move around, gradually spreading to their adjacent rooms.
- Nobody (again: are they holograms or actors?) acknowledges (actually, the kids look at you) the viewer/visitor. (And the dogs whisp around you / brush against you.)
Before all of this, in my dream, we were set-up in the basement for a series of four guest artist animations / performances. The first two were merely static projections onto a screen, while the third was a mix of screen projection and people acting on stage. The last one was this special, interactive one, in which the viewer at his own willpower is allowed to move around and in-between the animation/performance.
Even before those guest presentations, it was my in-dream animation classes' critique day. We worked in groups and my group wasn't prepared. To be honest, it was the worst animation out of the entire class. But lots of people didn't make their own models, and that bugged me.
Pretty much the entire dream took place in this basement / lower level. There was a staircase to upstairs. I checked it out; it led to a hallway, and I saw down it, but didn't venture. It felt like an old civic building or museum.
I can't really take credit for the holographic-animation / performance because in my dream, it was by one of my teachers that I hesitate to mention. He was even a part of the performance (he started in the dining room and slowly, very slowly, ventured around). But it's barely his kind of animation anyway (he likes diamonds, not dully colored play balls).
I would like to crudely re-create this dream in Maya and offer a viewer to browse around at their height (first-person view) for you to get the gist of what I imagined. But I feel I outlined it crudely in my description; maybe you can imagine it.
____
In another dream, several weeks ago, I imagined my coworker made a SUPER AWESOME animated logo for a client. I feel like I can't take credit for that either, but she doesn't really do animation. ;-P (But she does do "awesome.")
For now,
-Gigi
No comments:
Post a Comment